The Assistive Devices Program helps people with long-term physical disabilities to pay for customised equipment. It also helps with the cost of certain supplies, such as those used with ostomies.
Who is eligible?
To qualify for ADP funding, you must be a resident of Ontario, have a valid Ontario health card, and require the equipment or supplies for longer than 6 months. Income is not a factor in ADP funding.
You will not be funded through ADP if the costs are already being covered by WSIB, or Veterans Affairs.
What is covered?
In general, ADP funding covers 75% of the cost of approved equipment and supplies. This is directly billed to the program, and the consumer pays the remaining 25% to the vendor at purchase. In some cases, ADP will fund 100% of the purchase if the recipient is also in receipt of Ontario Works, Ontario Disability Support Program, or Assistance for Children with Severe Disabilities.
Coverage is very specific and varies by category. See more information on the Ontario government website links below:
- mobility aids
- hearing aids and other devices
- communication aids
- visual aids
- diabetic equipment and supplies
- respiratory equipment and supplies
- home oxygen therapy
- artificial eyes and facial prosthetics
- custom orthotic braces, compression garments and lymphedema pumps
- prosthetic breasts or limbs
- enteral-feeding pumps and ostomy supplies
How do I apply?
Application and necessary documentation varies by device category, so see the links above for more information specific to the equipment/supplies you need.